10.18.2007

Non-Sense

Here is a short story of silliness. I wrote it one afternoon when I was feeling, well, silly! I arranged so that it was an older brother making up a silly story for his little sister, because I think that works best. that way, also, I can blame my silly story on the brother, John, instead of admitting that I wrote it. :-) And here is the result.....


"Tell me a story!" Lucy squealed.
"Alright," John replied. And this is the story he told:

Jack and Susie took a horse to get to the park.
"Great fun, huh?" Jack asked.
"Yes," Susie replied. "Greatest fun ever had!"
"Indeed!" Ruth exclaimed at the back of the horse.
"How did you get here?" Jack asked in surprise.
"Oh, I just grabbed onto the horse's tail," Ruth explained.
"What'd you do that for?" Susie asked.
"Yeah, all our fun is ruined!" Jack cried. The tears poured down his cheeks.
"Don't cry Jacky-boy!" Susie said, and Ruth offered him a tissue. Jack took the tissue and fed it to the horse.
"I feel better already!" Jack declared.
"And I feel worse!" Susie cried. "Seeing horses eat tissues makes me feel sick!"
Jack looked sad. Then he knew what to do. He picked a flower in the grass nearby, and handed it to Susie. Susie handed it to Rick.
"Thanks so much!" Rick cried, and kissed her hand. His hand leaned against a tree, and his light-saber, and shield lay on the grassy river bank. His armor gleamed with shoe polish in the hot sun.
"Let's go to the park now," Ruth said impatiently.
"Okay," Susie agreed. Jack led the two of them down to the park. They enjoyed it a lot. Then they started back for home. Just as they were crossing a stream, a ferocious lobster jumped out from the bushes, and started chasing the horse! It's hideous blue body swayed from side to side, as it started after it's prey. Rick's sharper-than-ever light saber flashed out and through the lobster's belly.
"My hero!" Susie cried. Rick cut the lobster's rattles off and handed them to Ruth.
"My playmate!" said Ruth. Rick cut the lobster's teeth and claws off, and handed them to Jack.
"My buddy!" Jack cried. The happy four-year-olds gazed into each other's eyes, and knew they would always be friends.
"Even though we've known Rick for over 18 years, we have never been such close friends, I'm sure!" Susie said. At last, the ten of them reached the blue house on the hill. It was Ruth and Susie's house. Jack's grandmother lived there, too. They munched on cheese curls and lemonade, when suddenly, Ruth cried,
"Look! General Washington is marching by!"
"We won the Civil War!" Jack hollered.
"Won't President Kennedy be so happy?" Susie said, with delight shining in her eyes.
"You should go to bed, it's 10:00 PM," Jack's grandmother wisely advised. All five children marched upstairs obediently and lay inside their cribs, crying like babies.

"Oh, John!" Lucy said. "Can't you ever tell me nice stories that make sense?"
"Maybe," John replied with a twinkle in his eye. "You see, I've never tried." He took his sister's hand, and they went downstairs for dinner.

And thus it ends.... :-)

Copyright- 2007

4 comments:

Noelle said...

John says,
"Hey, Miss authoress, I didn't write that story, you did! Don't blame me for it! I'm innocent!"
I say,
"So sorry, but since you're nothing but a fictionary character, I can blame it on you." :-P

Homemanager said...

Well, Miss authoress, I think John is right, you must own up! Only you write such...hmmm interestingly, mixed up stories. :-D

Kirk said...

Ha ha!
Very funny.
I wish I could write stories. Unfortunately my time does not allow for that so I will just have to read yours inbetween much homework.
Bye!

Noelle said...

Oh, all right! If I must own up, I will. :-D
Kirk, I will try to post more stories for you.... I was thinking of starting on in which I only post one section at a time. I'll have to come up with one exciting enough, though.... :-)