5.11.2008

Happy Mother's Day!

I saw that a bird was singing,
A song so very sweet;
It voice went on ringing,
Through the green-hued forest.

The little violets quivered,
Under a breezy touch;
Ever slightly I shivered,
In the cool wind.

Then to my amazement I heard,
What every flower said,
And sang the tiny bird:
"God be blessed for morning;

"Glory to God for all of His deeds;
May He ever be praised!
For He has provided for our needs,
And will do so for as long as we live!"

Then, I felt a happy thrill,
For they added a prayer to their song;
"God bless all the mothers who still
Love and care for their families.

"God bless the women in this world,
Who yet remain faithful, and love Him;
Who obey His infallible Word;
And do everything for His Glory!"

Mum, thank you for loving me and encouraging me to use my gifts for the glory of God. Thank you for the rebukes you gave to me when I went astray; thank you for time you devoted to my care. Thank you for the giggling conversations I have been able to enjoy with you, and thank you for training me in the way of the Lord. :)
I Love you! HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

3 comments:

Homemanager said...

I love you, Elly! I am very honored to be your Mum.
Thank you!

~Lauraborialice said...

haha yeah, I get on facebook a lot more.. :-P

~Lauraborialice said...

So you are going to see Prince Caspian with your sisters and Heather Friday?? neat! I wish I could go, but I don't have the money.. :-(