11.26.2008

Help!!!!!!!

How does one delicately say that after a series of mistakes they created five pumpkin pies, without raising a gasp from their family?
So you see, I started to make some pies. Three of them, because I thought three was as good a number as any (ordinarily I would only make two). So I mix the spices and eggs together, and open up one of those large cans of pumpkin that make two pies. The contents of that can looked darker than usual. What was wrong with this pumpkin?
Wrong with it! I almost wish there was something wrong with it! It was an "easy pumpkin pie mix," just add eggs and milk. One can't add an already-spiced up can of pumpkin to more spices, and one can't stash spices and eggs beat together in the pantry. Meaning that I needed plain pumpkin to finish the three that I started, and I have to make this "easy" pumpkin mix into two more pies.
What was it that I said about reading labels? Oh, where is my head! Where is my head!
Now how do I phrase this over the phone to my currently-shopping mom and sisters?
"Oh, I hope you don't mind pumpkin pie for dinner."
"By the way, do you know anyone who might like a pumpkin pie?"
"Might want to buy some foil pie plates; we have a few pies here to freeze."
"I knew I should never have started on this!"
Hmm..... What does God want me to do with extra pies?

3 comments:

Faith said...

perhaps you could give one to a neighbor...or surprise a friend! Happy Thanksgiving from Plimoth Plantation and Cape Cod...

Homemanager said...

We did have pie as part of our dinner...it was the vegetable part. :-) It was delicious like all the pies that Elly makes. I should know, ay Elly?! :-)
We had some on Thanksgiving Day along with the Apple and Pecan...yum! We still have some...Breakfast? Delicious!

Homemanager said...

Oh, Faith, we did share some with our neighbors! :-)