11.07.2007

A Wednesday Weather Report



As I am interested in Meteorology, I decided I must write something dedicated to the weather. So, though I'm not able to predict weather in any way, I can tell what the weather in our area is like right now. So, as you can see, off to the side, I have recorded the temperature in Fahrenheit; Mostly cloudy and We had snow flurries just a moment ago. The first snow of the season! (It didn't stick, however.) The weather report says that it should be mostly cloudy, temperatures fluctuating between 40-47 degrees. 27-47 degrees (20 degrees difference). Thursday, Friday and Saturday are supposed to be mostly cloudy, in the 42, 47, and 43 mark. Wind speed? I'm not sure..... I'm not a polished meteorologist. :-)
Scientific point: Three factors that effect weather are
1. thermal (heat) energy,
2. Uneven distribution of heat, and
3. The behavior of water vapor in the atmosphere.

4 comments:

Faith said...

Ooh...you had snow flurries?? we haven't seen any yet down here in the 'burbs. My parents are supposed to get 3-5 inches tonite due to the lake effect snow (lake ontario)..they live in the Mohawk valley about 1 1/2 hr. west of here. Do you think you might go into Meteorology for college??

Lindsay Todd said...

I seem to remember you always complained about having to study "clouds" in school. How are you going to learn about meteorology without studying clouds?

Homemanager said...

I like your pictures! Very nice!

Noelle said...

I don't get it.... When did I say I didn't like clouds? I thought I had liked them; now I'm not so sure..... :-[

I don't know if I'll be going to college for Meteorology, or not....