1.26.2008

Bread?

I decided to make some applesauce bread yesterday. I pulled it out of the oven. It both looked and smelt yummy. I turned the pan upside down and shook it gently, so that the bread would come out, a nice and neat looking loaf, on the counter. What happened?
The inside fell with plop on the counter, leaving only the shell still in the pan. The shell I had to gently free from the pan with a knife. As you can see it now sits on a plate.
And this is the bread that fell out of the pan with a plop. I think either something went wrong with the bread, or I didn't use enough oil with which to grease the pan.....

2 comments:

Faith said...

Good for you for making some homemade bread! I haven't let Courtney do that yet but she does make good brownies! :)
Oh, and btw...this used to happen to me alot when I made banana bread until I learned to use the spray canola oil. I tend to buy whatever is on sale or the generic (hannaford) brand but any kind seems to work well. Just spray the bottom and sides and bread slides right out! Happy snacking!

~Lauraborialice said...

That's interesting.. :-) I think it was the oil, but that's not always true.. I can't make bread, so that's neat..