9.29.2008

Why write a post when you don't know what to say?

I am no economist or politician, so I will not pretend to be one. But I have been so immersed in the news-world lately, that I felt I couldn't squeak by everything without posting anything to look back upon.
I have to say that personally, I'm afraid to post things of this sort. I'm afraid I'll do injustice to one side, or mix up everything by telling a distorted version of it (any one in my family will smile when they hear me say this; I have had a way of telling mixed up things in the past. For example, when dad asked me several years ago who St. Patrick was, I responded: "Oh, I read all about St. Patrick Henry in my history book! And his most famous words were, 'we must fight, I repeat we must fight!' ")
And remembering the above incident reminds me why I like writing tabloid news stories with the help of my brother. We compile them in news-paper form and look forward to some day surprising relatives with them.
But I am off topic. In fact, I'm rather glad I'm off topic. It means I won't even attempt to recreate any of the current events here. Instead, I'll point you to the more trustworthy place, here.

3 comments:

Andrew Clarke said...

Hi, I'm a Christian too. My blog is http://threeswans.blogspot.com if you feel like visiting. I found your blog when looking for Christians who like to read fantasy. If you do, may I suggest one you might like to try? "Outcasts Of Skagaray" is an action adventure fantasy, Christian allegory, which you can preview by going to the sample chapters on www.threeswans.com.au I would love it if you read the book and enjoyed it. Blessings, in any event.

Homemanager said...

I think it would be good to hear your perspective on the current events...I'm sure that it would be a good representation of what is happening.
When you were little you did mix up things a bit, but there was always some connection to the mix up. :-D
You have grown past that now, so what do you think of the current events in our nation's history?

Faith said...

I would enjoy reading a teen's perspective on our country's current events.
Pray for Courtney: she has a Drawing assignment for end of month where she must draw a portrait of 1 of the running mates and explain WHY she would vote for him, if she could vote at this age. I have no idea whom she will choose...I just know that in her last assignment she chose to depict a Bible and she earned an excellent grade!! (she can explain it to you in an email what the assignment was). anyways...we like your blog!