10.04.2008

The best way to make everyone dissatisfied is to try and satisfy them all.

Alright. Some of my readers want my view on the current events happening in the nation. My family wants the fifth part of "Time...." So I must try to satisfy them both in this post.

First off, "Time...." is being uncooperative, and therefore is met with further delay. The reason? Simple. Peter just doesn't seem to know how to act! In the first version I wrote, he acts uncommunicative, and even a little bit saucy. In the second version I wrote, he goes and falls asleep in the middle of being questioned. I decided that in trying to make him smart and cautious, I instead turned him into an idiot, so the story needs a little work to get it right....

As to my view on current events? I'm afraid my view does injustice to too great a number of people, but I shall express it here in a sentence or two: "The stupidity! The utter stupidity of people! Where are their heads!"
If they only were to reason things out, they would be able to get out of the mess of an economy they've made. If they only used their heads; if only their eyes were opened to the truth!
I began to think this way after be immersed in news for two weeks or so. To hear some things such as the fact that dozens of people were injured after jumping into the ring in the middle of a bull fight that was taking place in Columbia (I saw a clip of it, and the people were.... stupid!), you begin to wonder (and even hope) if it was actually all made up.
If people are doing such crazy things, is it because they are so consumed by despair? The despair that there is nothing worth living for, and therefore life is nothing, everything is empty, and the only thing left to do is kill yourself (either literally, or such an overdose of entertainment that they kill their brains), or try to gain money with as little work as possible?
If so, then I want to tell them; I want to tell them that there is a God who made them. I want to tell them about the hope I have in the Gospel! I want their eyes to be opened!

And there it is, the end of this post.

1 comment:

Faith said...

Great insight...might I add "greed"??? People are just so darn greedy, aren't they? I know, in being completely truthful, I have been (as have the girls and even Mr. T at times) been "greedy" such as "I want instant gratification"....but boy...that sure gets us in trouble now doesn't it? especially if it doesn't line up with what the Lord wants/desires for us!
God bless you!!