3.21.2009

Giant Volcanoes; three of them, or two rather, with a third to blow.

Giant Volcano one: The unpopulated region of America is fertilized by the eruption of a giant volcano. The volcano forms clouds; the clouds from rain that in turn falls to earth and collects in large bodies of water called oceans. This theory has been supported by various scientists, it not being my theory.

Giant Volcano two: wipes out the Mayan population in the Americas, causing the mysterious disappearance of the Mayan civilization. Fills sky with dark clouds that spark the Dark Ages in Europe. This is my theory; the biggest problem is that the dates don't seem to line up.

Giant Volcano three: Old Faithful, the geyser in Yellow Stone National Park. This fellow either hasn't blown yet, or was the one that blew in the two earlier instances. This theory is mixed; part of it is mine, part of it isn't.

Why I am thinking about volcanoes and how they could have affected the world, on this gloriously sunny spring morning with not a cloud in the sky, I don't know. I do know, though, that it is fun to be able to get out my speculation on here........

No comments: