4.05.2009

A Post

I pull up my blog and notice that it is in a sad state. It has been neglected since the 21st of last month. I heave a sigh and press the "new post" button that glares at me through the dust (okay, so maybe it wasn't dust-covered, but it would have been if it wasn't protected by the glass shield of the monitor screen).

I hastily scan the format, hoping I remember how to correctly write a post. I push against my forehead twice, but my memory isn't any sharper. It dawns on me that the forehead-thing came from a story I wrote - ages ago. Too bad it wouldn't be of any benefit to me. I swallow my jealousy of Jeremy, and shake my head to clear my thoughts.

Focus. I begin to see a light shine through the hazy fog, and my blogging skill returns in a flash. Hurrah! my brain cries with joy. At last I am ready to begin writing. I pose my hands over the keys with new, returned vigor, and straighten my shoulders triumphantly. Ready.

Almost. The set determination in my face contrasts with the jumble of my thoughts. What was it I was going to write about? The weather? Schoolwork? How many dishes I washed and dirty diapers I'd changed? None of it fit.

And suddenly I knew what to do.

And this was my decision: for all you readers who managed to suffer through this lengthy post with no point what-so-ever, I am letting YOU choose the topic. Post your idea in a comment below, and I'll see which one (if I get any) is the most interesting and random. That topic wins. And my blog will cease to be postless for a time.

3 comments:

Faith said...

write about the play you vlcc teens are doing. I heard it was about the Columbine tragedy. Courtney and her youth group friends wanna go see you guys but we don't have any info! we need dates, times, cost, etc. Courtney was a part of Rachel's Challenge @ Shaker last month..she is now on the student leadership team for that endeavor...of making sure teens are not bullying,etc. etc. she can tell ya more about it. at any rate: we would love to hear about this play!!

Kirk said...

or maybe...

MUSHROOMS OF DOOM!!!!

ahem.

actually, what I meant to say was that you should post about the intricacies and complexities of duct-taping things that are falling apart.

Homemanager said...

I hope there aren't too many things needing intricate and complex duct-taping!!! (besides your shoes) :-D Anyway, Elle, I think you could write about Pilgrims Progess (since you need to write a book report on it anyway) :) Don't like that suggestion? Okay, how about on the joys of growing vegetables...or how utterly devoid of creativity we have become...sigh..