4.22.2009

I put what in my hair?

How often have you looked at the back of your shampoo bottles? Okay, how often have you looked at the ingredients on the back of your shampoo bottles?

So it happened that I peered curiously at the ingredients on the back of the shampoo bottle. It started out simple enough with the word WATER, but began to get a little scary when I read AMMONIUM XYLENESULFONATE. As I proceeded, I stumbled upon METHLCHLOROISOTHIAZOLINONE, and METHYLISOTHIAZOLINONE. The heat rose in my face, and I re-read the words. There was no doubt about them.

Anxiously, I scanned the conditioner. The same two fearsome ingredients harboured there, too! There was also a STEARAMIDOPROPYL DIMETHYLAMINE.

Now tell me, why would anyone even consider putting these unknown chemicals in their hair? I was able to locate two of them on Wikipedia, and even then, one of them was very secretive, saying only that it was something sometimes found in some conditioners . . . !

So, what do you put in your hair?

3 comments:

Kirk said...

water

Faith said...

Paul Mitchell Shampoo One. All natural ingredients...coconut....it's wonderful. the more you pay the less the icky chemicals...usually....check labels

Homemanager said...

Dad asked, "Have you ever looked at what you eat?" :D

Elle, you are too funny! LOL! I love the way you look at life....you really are "cute!" <3